Tuesday, January 31, 2012

On the Needles and on the Loom!

I just started a simple pair of toe-up socks. To ensure that I actually make a pair I decided that two-at-a-time was a must!

I'm using size US 1 Nedlees and the magic loop method. I cast on 12 stitches on each needle using Judy's magic cast on method and increased until I had 72 sts around. The instep has a very subtle stitch pattern as to not mess with the self striping Opal yarn.


We are weaving! Isn't that great! With the help from a new friend we learned how to warp the beast and get started on a simple scarf project.
I'm using Noro Kureyon sock with bits of sari silk as the weft and Cascade Heritage paints as the warp.

1 comment:

Tracy Altieri said...

Weaving? I have certainly missed a lot while I've been gone - who knows what you'll be up to by the time I'm back! The socks look just terrific!