Tuesday, February 22, 2011





1. Tell us a little about yourself!

My name is Agnes, I’m German and have been living in the USA since 2006. I love it, I feel so lucky! :-) I consider both Germany and the USA to be my home, I couldn’t live without either one. I feel that both countries are a huge influence on my art. My German perfectionism, the beauty and variety of nature in America – it all makes me who I am and it reflects itself in my work.

2. What kind of crafting do you do and what got you into it?

I crochet, knit, sew, embroider and spin yarn. This versatility I’m trying to reflect with the variety in my store. Most popular are my yarns.
What got me into it? My mom introduced me to all these crafts with exception of spinning yarn which I taught myself.
But honestly, I feel I was born with a love for fiber! When I wasn’t even old enough to crawl yet, my mom one day found that I snuck into one of her projects and there I was all tangled up, ripping out her knitting, giggling and looking at her like: “Look, mommy, look what I can do!!”





3. Where do you find inspiration and/or what inspires you?
Nature inspires me most. The pureness, the harmony, the structure, the flow, the texture, the colors, …

4. What is your workspace like?
A very organized large desk, a couple shelves and other than that - as much as the weather allows - I make spots in nature my workspace! :-)



5. Favorite tools, supplies, gadgets

My beloved spindles which I keep expanding on. And the beautiful collection my husband is making for me, which currently consists of two projects boxes, a needle case and a spindle shelf – all made out of yellow and purple heart wood, two of my very favorite colors and woods.




6. Where online can people find you?
Etsy
Twitter
Facebook

Always feel free to contact me, I love to chat! :-)

No comments: