Sunday, September 19, 2010

On The Needles

So I started my first sweater this week and I'm so very excited about it! I decided to use cheap and cheerful yarn from Joann's because I was so anxious to get knitting. Quite a shame that I couldn't hold my horses just a few more hours until the Fiber Arts Festival in Hemlock to stock up on needed yarns but either way this baby is knitting up wonderfully!

Here is a look at my progress so far!



I just started the cables and I'm so addicted! I've never done cables before, I always thought they'd be hard... but they're not!
I sense a big hefty knitted wool blanket with big chunky cables and nubs in my future!


Owls by Kate Davies is the pattern, it can be purchased on Ravelry.

1 comment:

Stitchify said...

You did that in 1 week! HOLY MOLY! Work it!