Monday, July 5, 2010

STAMP CARVING

This is my first attempt at stamp carving in quite sometime. Thanks to my friend Super T, I was motivated to dig into my old supply stash to try this again.







I decided to go with a simple design, one that had staright lines, circles and that I could also try to do a repeat pattern.. just in case.. I had actually carved it well... I would print loads of fabric!



I'll just say it was a good first timer, I learned a bit about the application of ink and how much pressure to apply. I think next time I will carve lino instead and see what happens!




So what is really hysterical about this print is that the black background is supposed to be the faux woodgrain stamp. Some of you may have seen Martha use this tool to make really cool gift wrap, I also saw it used once on furniture... well it wasn't as easy as it looked and I didn't see the instructions until I was already cleaning up... bummer!

No comments: