Sunday, October 25, 2009
SO YUMMY ..... APPLE PIE!
Here is a super recipe I used to make an delicious apple pie, try it... I promise this dessert won't hand around long!
Pastry Pie Crust
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 stick of butter, chilled and chopped
1/2 cup ice water
1. Combine flour and salt in a large bowl
2. Cut in the butter until the dough is crumbly
3. Stir in the ice water, a little bit at a time until the mixture forms a ball
4. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour
5. Flour your rolling surface, roll dough and divide in half. Roll each half to fit a 9" pie plate
6. Place one crust in plate and press evenly on bottoms and sides.
6-7 large baking apples, peeled and sliced
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 egg yolk
1 tablespoon water
1. In a large bowl, toss the sliced apples in lemon juice
2. Combine sugars, flour, spices and add to the apples.. coat well
3. Fill pastry lined plate with the apple mixture
4. Place the second pastry on top of pie filling and fold edges with your fingers or press with a fork. Be sure to cut vents!
5. In a small bowl, beat egg and water together, brush this mixture over the crust
6. Bake at 425 for 15 minutes
7. Reduce heat to 350, bake for an additional 40-45 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly.